Sunday, November 1, 2009

Welcome to Outposts From The Material World. My name is Charles Fox and this blog will chronicle my experiences in the world of contemporary art wherever I am living. I am currently in Indianapolis, but my hometown is Oak Park, IL. I will try to focus on process and artists' voices, in order to make the blog more than simply my own opinions and photos.

At this point in time, I will also be contributing the material that you will see on here to a great Indianapolis art blog called On The Cusp. I want to thank Scott Grow for the opportunity to contribute to his great blog, and I am excited about the collaboration.

I got my start blogging about art this summer during an awesome stint as an Exhibitions Assistant at Chicago's fantastic Hyde Park Art Center. It was a very rewarding experience. I learned a lot and had a lot of fun. I like how community-oriented HPAC is, and how they focus on helping Chicago artists get a foot in the door of the art world. It is interesting to think that the Hairy Who got their start there! Below are links to the blog entries I completed for HPAC.

One
Two
Three
Four
Five

Expect another post or two soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment